Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I have been nauseated & vomiting off & on past 21/2 with

Customer Question

I have been nauseated & vomiting off & on for the past 21/2 with elevated body temp every other day...my last menstraul cycle was Oct 17...Is it to early to take a pregnancy test!!!!
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

If I count correctly, your last period was 21 days ago. A pregnancy test would almost never be positive that early, since that's usually the time of implantation.

However, if you're wondering whether the nausea and vomiting are due to pregnancy, a pregnancy test will tell you. By the time there are symptoms from pregnancy, a pregnancy test will always be positive. If your test is negative, you'll know that the nausea is not due to pregnancy.