Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I just had an unprotected sex and I'm on my second day of

Customer Question

hi Doctor. I just had an unprotected sex and I'm on my second day of period. My sex partner ejaculated inside me twice. I forgot to take my birth pill and I was supposed to take them on my first day of period, which was yesterday (I had just gotten the birth pill from my GP) so when I got home after sex today I took two pills (yesterday & today's pill) should I be worried about getting pregnant and should I take morning after pill? Many thanks
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

Were you taking birth control pills before this, or did you just start the pill now?

Are your periods regular?

Which birth control pill is it? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just started the pill now and my periods are very irregular. I was late for 2 weeks before I finally had my period yesterday. The birth pill is Levlen ED

Sorry for the delay. I was gone.

Normally as long as you start the pill the first few days of your period, you're protected. Since this was a somewhat irregular period, that may not be 100% true, but I don't think you need to worry. I don't think you need the morning after pill.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took extra precaution and had the morning after pill (Postinor) the next afternoon. Im assuming my hormones is going to be all over the place because of taking it when I'm somewhat still on my period?

As long as you're taking the Levlen ED, that will keep your hormones steady. I think you'll just be pretty normal now.