Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
1725470

I Used mifepristone & misoprostol to do medical abortion.

Customer Question

hI ,
I Used mifepristone & misoprostol to do medical abortion . now its been 1 month there was small drops of bleeding every day & now since 5 days there is heavy bleeding is happening .
Fyi : when I took these medicnes , on first 4 days there was heavy bleeding .
I have tested Urine and found negative (Prega news )
So please advise what to do now .
One web site saying that there is no worries since it is a process and until & unless every thing gets cleared there will be bleeidng .
I am so worried , I did this mistake once and I failled into this trouble . I am just 20 only .
I am scaring of society also .
Regards,
XXXXX
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 1 year ago.

It is likely that you had an incomplete abortion - the entire pregnancy was not expelled after the tablets were taken - that is why you had spotting on and off. The heavy bleeding now could be your menstrual period together with expulsion of any pregnancy products.

Please get an ultrasound done - It will show you if you have any pregnancy products. If there are any, it will need to be removed. Minimal pregnancy products will be expelled with another dose of misoprostol. If there is a large amount of pregnancy product, then it may need to be removed by a doctor.

You also need medicines to control the heavy bleeding. If you still have the misoprostol tabs, you can taken them now. If the bleeding continues to be heavy , please see a doctor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will doctors advise for an ultra sound , because in india doctors do not advise usually for na ultra sound of ovary . Kindly advise ..
What to be said to doctro in this case .

If you inform the doctor that you had a miscarriage and have been bleeding on and off for a month, he/she will definitely order an ultrasound.