Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

Should i worry about marginal cord insertion with twins?

Customer Question

should i worry about marginal cord insertion with twins?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified Ob-gyne with 30+ years of experience. I can help you today.

The risk of abnormal cord insertions is increased with twins but this is diagnosed during careful ultrasound exam during the pregnancy. It's a fairly minor concern. Most women with twins do quite well and the highest risk is with preterm birth. It does depend on whether the twins share the same gestational sac or not. And how the placenta blood supply is running between the twins. There can be situations that are problematic, but statistically, chances are much higher that things will be fine.

I hope this was reassuring. Please reply if I can clarify anything or add details. I want to be sure you have the most helpful information for your situation.

Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

Any questions? If none, please leave a rating for my service. I aim for excellent and appreciate your feedback.