DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS
DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS, CONSULTANT GYNAECOLOGIST
Experience:  MBBS(CAL)MD(G&O)
15221770

I am experiencing chalky discharge but have been checked STD

Customer Question

I am experiencing brown chalky discharge but have been checked for all STD which came back negative and I was also tested for BV which was negative as well. I am not sexually active but developed a UTI after being sick for a while which turned into a yeast infection. I was treated for that successfully with the one pill treatment but now the brown discharge has some blood in it or red in appearance.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was prescribed Bactrim for the UTI which gave me a yeast infection(tried the home 1 days application kit) successful but returned in a few days. I thought I has BV was seen by a physician but all tests were negative. She still gave me Metronidazole just in case but I developed a terrible yeast infection. I was than given Diflucan which worked but now I have an awful brown/ red discharge that becomes itchy by the end of the day.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have looked up the symptoms for PID but I am not experiencing abdominal pain, yellow or green discharge or burning urination. Although, I do feel that urinating is more sensitive while it is passing through my urethra it is not painful or too uncomfortable.
Expert:  DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS replied 1 year ago.

Hello

From your description it is evident that you are having with yeast infection which was not treated completely or radically.

You have to take oral fluconazol 150 mg twice daily till all symptoms disappear and then once a week for 6weeks to prevent any recurrence in future.

Thank you

Hello

Do you have any questions, please let me know.