Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I have had a deep leep 8 weeks ago 2cm dia about 2cm deep. i

Customer Question

i have had a deep leep 8 weeks ago 2cm dia about 2cm deep.
i am only 25 but they said i should be able to get pregnant but may need a stitch.
I can feel a big crater in my cervix, will that fill over? Does the cervix stroma ever regrow or is that gone for good?
They never said they would take such a big chunk out, but had to do that CIN 2 type 2 TZ
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

By 8 weeks, the cervix is most likely about the way that it will be from now on. It may fill out a little more, as healing continues for longer than 8 weeks. But I think there will always be a crater.

The stroma regrows to some extent, but most of that process is nearly done now.

You may or may not need a stitch when you become pregnant. It's very difficult to predict, and the body does amazing things. Best wishes.