Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I recently had sex first time in months and the next day

Customer Question

I recently had sex for the first time in months and the next day broke out in a pimple-like rash all over my lower abdomin and vagina. I'm worried about what it is because I've used cortisone, Benadryl cream and neosporin and none seem to be working. Help?
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Before I had sex I had a full STD screening and came up negative for everything.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Can you attach the photos here? Itching or pain? any medical problem? any surgeries? any other medications? any family medical history?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm 5'4 weigh 140. I'm not on any medication right now. No surgeries or other medical issues/history. It has been painful and not itchy. Slightly swollen on one area. Mostly looks like a bunch of pimples.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 22 years old
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Can you attach the photos here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the disclaimer it says these conversations are not private or protected and I would prefer not to attach photos if I don't have to
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a recommendation about what kinda of cream or medication would help?
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

You should try to take an oral benadryl tablet three times a day. Continue to use 1% hydrocortisone cream. If it doesn't work, you should go to an urgent care or your doctor.