Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele,
Experience:  specialist at self employed
28905844

Help! I slept with my boyfriend while he had impetigo

Customer Question

Help! I slept with my boyfriend while he had impetigo (staph) on his penis.
We didn't realize when we began, but right after intercourse he discovered that the "tender area" had turned into a giant, oozing, sore toward the tip of his shaft. It only took 3 days until I developed the same thing in my groin area. We had it diagnosed at the doctor and they gave us topical antibiotics.
My problem is that I have been feeling "weird" inside. It's not so much the vagina itself (although it has been slightly itchy), but deep inside, the places he reached during intercourse.
I still often get a little spotting or soreness after sex, so I know that parts of me were irritated or open when I was exposed to his infection, so the bacteria must have found fertile soil.
Is there any risk that Staph can grow deep inside me? Would it create speed and rashes there too? Or are my symptoms likely something else?
My doctor didn't take my concern seriously and didn't explain.
Thank you!
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 1 year ago.

antibiotic trestment is the right way in case of such an infection, so you don´t have to fear a further expansion. If symptoms will not stop during the next 3-4 days, another smear examination in laboratory would be recommended. Depending on the result, a change to antoher antibiotic could ne necessary.

Hpoe you get well soon best regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** highly allergic to antibiotics. I can't take them internally.
My question was whether his infection can grow inside my vaginal tract, anywhere from the opening to the uterus, and whether it would be the same as it is on my skin?
Or is it highly unlikely?
Like I said, my doctor didn't take my concern very seriously, and I'd love to know if I need to worry, or if the vaginal tract is too acidic, or something, for staph to take over.
Thank you.

I can reassure you, this infection cannot expand that way and will stay local. So you really don´t have to be concerned.

Kind regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them.Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindlyrating.

Thanks a lot, all the best for you,

Dr. N. Scheufele