Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  40 years experience; Board certified Ob-Gyn
88055251

Ok so I never miss a period or have short periods. Its

Customer Question

Ok so I never miss a period or have short periods. Its always on time and always for 7 days. The last time I had a normal period was in August. My period came on 23-30. We havent been using protection since the first week of August. September 20th at night
we had intercourse and it hurt (We hadnt had sex for a week) I bled a little bit like a cut and then stopped. 21st we had intercourse again and it hurt and i bled the same. The next morning it was bleeding light and then nothing the next morning. Then this
month on the 18th I got a really bad yeast infection like went from 0-100 in hours. I put in monistat 1 in the evening. The next afternoon when I wiped it was tinged pink and then light bleeding at night (Yeast infection was really bad and painful) bled light
for the next 2 days and then my yeast infection and the bleeding stopped. I started "feeling pregnant" around September 9-10th. Sore/tender/swollen/larger breasts, frequent urination, bloated, headaches, nausea (sometimes I will just be fine and the next I
feel super sick like im gonna throw up), feeling hot all the time, lower back ache, my eating habits have changed, cant sleep at night, very emotional, swollen veins in the back of my legs, lots of gas, im sure theres more lol but cant think right now. I've
taken a bunch of HPT and they all say no, yet I still have these symptoms and deep down I just feel like I am. I have 3 children already. My last pregnancy I didn't get a positive until I was 8-9 weeks. Negative urine and blood tests and then finally I got
a positive. Its just confusing me with the spotting, but it was not a normal period so idk. I am just very confused and would like to see what your professional opinion is. I am planning to go to the doctor for a blood test next week.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Dr Manos obgyn. Planning to go to the doctor for a blood pregnancy test is good and I believe a transvaginal ultrasound should be done particularly if the test is negative. Had you been on birth control pills in the recent past? If so, your cycles may be trying to work after being suppressed on the pill.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had Mirena in but was having a lot of issues.Does it sound possible that I could be?

I texted about 30 minutes ago and I don't see it. The hormone released with Mirena similar to the pill. You may be pregnant and that's why you need the ultrasound

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Didn't get it. So I should go get the bloodwork done and if still no positive ask for an ultrasound?

You may be pregnant or irregular from the hormone in the IUD. An ultrasound will help to see how the ovaries are functioning and what the lining of the uterus looks like. If it is related to the Mirena it should get better.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had an ultrasound since it has been out and they said everything looks great in there. But having all the symptoms is crazy.

Evaluating an ultrasound to determine how the system is functioning depends when it is done in relation to the overall cycle from one period to the next. Is there evidence of the ovary building up to release an egg or does it look like there was ovulation. It is a matter of fitting what shows by what is expected.