Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I did an hcg two days before my period and got a 0.1 hcg

Customer Question

Hi i did an hcg two days before my period and got a 0.1 hcg could i be pregnant? Ive been tired and moody and heavy breast
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

Most likely you're not pregnant, but it may take a few more days to be sure.

One thing is certain, which is that your symptoms are not from pregnancy. By the time there are symptoms, the hcg would be elevated enough to cause a positive pregnancy test.

Lots of things cause tiredness, moodiness, and heavy breasts.

If your period doesn't come when expected, then I'd do a pregnancy test. Whether it's positive or negative, you can believe what it tells you. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got my period which lasted for 6 days and then i got a heavy period for a day is that normal?

Your period sounds a little abnormal, but not necessarily something to worry about.

If your future periods are normal, I would guess that this period was just the kind of unusual period that occurs sometimes.

I don't think it's likely that the unusual period was due to pregnancy.