Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified MD
28323552

I feel like I've had this issue before, but randomly I'll

Customer Question

Hi! I feel like I've had this issue before, but randomly I'll have discharge and it feels like a lot. It's slightly yellow looking when it's dry, but I don't have an major itching. I've had yeast infections before and this doesn't feel like it. I've also recently have been tested for STDs and all that jazz and they were negative. I still have the same partner and we are only seeing each other. Should I be concerned? Does this have something to do with being on birth control?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

There are two main possibilities as far as I am concerned:

1. It could be bacterial vaginosis, in which case you will likely require a course of an antibiotic such as flagyl for at least five to seven days.

2. It could still be a yeast infection either alone or combined with BV. So you may still require some antifungal.

So I would recommend that you be seen so that the diagnosis can be confirmed with further testing and examination and then be treated accordingly.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.

Kind regards