Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

The skin in my lower pubic area is sore to the touch and

Customer Question

The skin in my lower pubic area is sore to the touch and hurts when I walk
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Is there any rash or other skin changes present?

How long has this been bothering you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it's really just been late yesterday and today

Thank you for the additional information.

The most likely cause of soreness of the skin in the lower pubic area that has been bothersome for only a day is either infection or inflammation of the skin. If there is no visible rash or other skin changes, it would most likely be more superficial.

There are a couple of interventions that you can do to help ease the symptoms. It will usually help to apply local care with cold compresses or moist heat. Soaking in hot bath water to which Betadine, also called povidone-iodine, has been added can help, both because it can be soothing and to promote healing. You can also apply an antibiotic ointment to the area. During this time, it would be better to avoid any shaving or other removal of pubic hair. If these interventions lead to resolution of symptoms, then no further evaluation or care is necessary, but if the symptoms persist, then it will typically require a stronger medicine, so it would be better to see your doctor.

Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.