Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I'm 50 years old and in reasonably good health. I'm trying

Customer Question

I'm 50 years old and in reasonably good health. I'm trying to determine if I have a yeast infection. I have an occasional white, clumpy discharge (no odor) and an occasional burning but it's not constant or severe, just bothersome. I also have mild back pain, occasional pelvic discomfort and some indigestion. None of the symptoms are constant or severe except for one day of the back pain which is on my left side predominantly.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

A white clumpy discharge is generally nothing that needs treatment.

If you have itching, then you might have a yeast infection. Yeast infections come and go. They only need treatment if they are bothersome.

The best way to know if you have a yeast infection is to see a doctor for testing.

A yeast infection doesn't cause back pain or pelvic discomfort or indigestion.