khagihara
khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Trained in OB & GYN for many years.
20084961

C. I tried with you but didn't get a response. I went to the

Customer Question

Hi Dr. C. I tried to follow up with you but didn't get a response. I went to the OB for the soreness and tenderness under my armpit area. She had me lift my arms up and appeared confused why my right upper arm was slightly larger then my left upper arm (the right armpit is the one I was complaining about..) anyway she did breast exam and just felt breast tissue. She felt a tender lump near my armpit area on the side of my right breast (the same side I am complaining about) she did an ultrasound only to that area and didnt find anything. Told me everything seemed normal. She never told me why she htinks one arm is bigger then the other, nor did she give me an explanation for why I have been having burning under my right armpit. It burns as if i have a razor burn but I don't.. what is your opinion.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

She doesn't seem to be working now. May I try to answer your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

The tender lump seems to be a swollen lymph node. It could be viral infection which could block lymph fluid from returning from the arm to the heart. That's why your right arm is slightly bigger than the left one. You should take over-the-counter pain medication such as ibuprofen and excedrin with stomach pill such as Prevacid and Prilosec.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you but when she looked at it on the ultrasound she said it was just breast tissue. But I don't know what could be causing this burning sensation it feels like a razor burn but there is no rash. Also my right breast is slightly larger then my left. I don't know if I mentioned it to you but I am 12 weeks pregnant and 33 yrs old.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

It could be a fibrocystic breast due to increased hormone during pregnancy. Take Tylenol that is safe during pregnancy with stomach pill such as Prevacid and Prilosec that is also safe during pregnancy .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It runs down my upper arm could that still be fibrocystic change? I am worried about something serious
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? When did it start? is it consistent? Does anything make it better or worse? Is it getting worse? Any other symptoms? Are you aware of anything which might have triggered it? Any injuries? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history? Is your breast volume increased? Is stress increased at home and work when the symptom started?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing other then breast volume which my doctor said is normal for pregnancy...I am 5'8 and weigh 155 I recently gained 5lbs. No recent surgeries. The burning feeling comes and goes it isn't always there
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

What makes you feel it is burning? For example, raising the arm.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It burns on its own but friction with my clothing makes it worse
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Any skin change?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

When did the pain start? Depending your answer, I could answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It started about a week ago
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

It is difficult to say what it is. It could be shingles. Usually red rashes begin a few days after the pain. However, some people experience shingles pain without ever developing the rash. Shingles during pregnancy are not associated with a significant risk of baby infection. It could be just inflammation of the breast. Take Tylenol for both situations.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok but it doesn't sound serious does it? My right breast is a bit larger then my left.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

It doesn't seem to be serious. You don't need to worry about it very much.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My breasts were equal size two weeks ago but now my right breast is larger
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

You don't need to worry about it very much. It doesn't seem to be malignant.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome. Take care.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

could it be a blood clot?

Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Possible. But the ultrasound should have detected it if you have it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

like I told you the ultrasound only did a tiny spot on my breast, nothing else.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?