Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I am rh negative and became rh sensitized, severely, with my

Customer Question

I am rh negative and became rh sensitized, severely, with my last pregnancy. My husband is rh positive, but he does carry the gene for rh negative since we had a son together who is also rh negative. Is there a way that we can use artificial insemination to extract the rh negative part and get a baby that would be safe for me to carry full term?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

That mean all your baby will be rh positive. Unfortunately there is no way to remove to extract the rh negative part. Only way is borrow someone's uterus whose is rh positive for your fertilized egg with your husband.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I know that not all of them will be positive. I have had two children with my husband and one was rh negative and one was rh positive
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

That means your husband has one rh negative gene and one rh positive gene. If he has two gene with both rh positive, you can't have a rh negative child.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know that. That wasn't my question at all. I wanted to know if there is a method to use that would ensure I had another rh negative baby. I already know our blood types.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Your eggs should be fertilized with your husband's sperms in vitro. Then the rh negative eggs will be selected and then put back into your uterus.

Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

You should see an infertility specialist.