Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Dr. I tried the HRT in pellet form. I had spotting

Customer Question

Dr. I tried the HRT in pellet form. I had spotting throughout. My GYN discouraged me from taking the HRT in pellet form due to the large doses. I stopped taking the pellet and let the time pass. I started bleeding heavier. My GYN did a D&C. My GYN then let me try a low dose estrogen patch. I did well for about two weeks and then bleeding started. She prescribed a medicine that was a form of progesterone. I took that and the bleeding stopped for about two weeks and now it is back and the strongest flow I have ever had. I have been bleeding now for over a week and went to see my GYN who gave me a vaginal ultrasound and took a biopsy. The biopsy came back today and said it appears to reflect a new polyp and my lining is dysynchronous - other fragments exhibit a dyssynchronous pattern as witnessed by a deciduiod stroma? exogenous hormone effect. No evidence of atypical cells. My questions are this: are the results due to my HRT? Am I too sensitive to HRT? Should I even try again to use HRT? is it good for me - long term or short term? They assured me I would not get cancer b/c there is the right mix of hormones. Is a hysterectomy the only solution?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no other medical problems. I am healthy and active. I take blood pressure and cholesterol medication. I am on a low dose of medication for my thryroid. This is fairly new into my regime about a year. No history of breast or uterine or ovarian or cervical cancer in my family. My mother did die of lung cancer. I have never smoked.

The best person to say if the results are due to your HRT is your treating OB/GYN.

I would review all these issues with her.

Does this make sense to you?

Don't forget to mash the positive (excellent is the most fun to push) feedback button.....without this important step on your part the funds you left on deposit are not released and my kids will spend another cold winter barefoot ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS