Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

Need to ask about "Garden of Life" brand supplement called

Customer Question

Need to ask about "Garden of Life" brand supplement called "Grow Bone". It's for Osteoporosis and I have been taking it for 4 months because I have Osteo, I am 63 female and I don't want to take meds. Could you please look it up and tell me what you think about taking Strontium Citrate. I now read maybe it's not good for me. I do trust the Garden of Life brand because they say organic and plant Calcium plus raw. Thanks
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

I looked at the supplement. Raw and organic does not necessarily mean better This supplement cannot "grow bone". Calcium helps in women who have deficient diets. Vit d is of benefit if you are low. The rest is a waste of money. Better to improve your diet

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What did you think about Strontium Citrate

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I feel like I eat well, do not drink or smoke and walk, so what else besides meds, which I won't take, do I do?

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

Doesn't work. Osteoporosis is largely genetically based. Little we do can alter that. If you are diagnosed with osteoporosis you need to consider medication. Supplements really will not treat it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok thanks

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

Sure. Please consider positive rating