Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I have a bump much like a wart but no feeling to it at.. Not

Customer Question

I have a bump much like a wart but no feeling to it at.. Not sure ..its on my right bum cheek (3 inches+ away from anus) When I realized it was not a mole I probed it and forced it to open the apex part (tip) ...some of it to come off but not all. it was easy and painless. It bled a lot (no pain at all) and then there was definitely an improvement in size after a day or 2 after me opening it up or probing it to open. The bump that was still there is now drastically decreasing in size...pretty flat now (after 2 days) and seems to be a flat scab on it's way to recovery or healing like an average sore. So I think the scab will heal and the 'wart' gone. Is this a wart or something else? If it's a wart is it definitely an hpv virus wart? or could it be something less to worry about?
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I als have a small wart develop on eyelid
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I filed my eyelid one down and its left a graze and is gone.
Just freaking out if it's an hpv virus that I have to live with for the rest of my life. And if you think it is hpv, will a Pap smear pick it up in a test?
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

if it is a wart, nothing comes out. The bump is not a wart. Can you attach the photos of the bump in the eye lid? If the pap smear is abnormal, they check hpv infection. If not, they usually don't check it.