Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

How are you?

Customer Question

Hi how are you ?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

It's Dr. C. Board certified Ob-gyne. I'm doing well today. Do you have a question for me?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have this blister like thing on my labia. I don't feel the symptoms of herpes.
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

This does look a bit like herpes in the late healing stages. This is what a herpes lesion would like like at the end of it's cycle. Normally there would be some slight itching, tingling or burning in the area, followed by the outbreak which would be tender. Then the area would become painless. The image I see looks like the end of the cycle, the painless stage. But each person is different. It's also possible there are other causes to the lesion you have.

The most helpful way of teasing out what is happening is to get some blood tests. The correct test is HSV IgG Type 1&2 IgM and IgG titers. Now, then in 4 months get the HSV Tpe 1&2 IgG titer repeated.

It can take about 3 months for the blood test to turn positive.

But there are other explanations for the lesion. It can be irritation from exercise, contact dermatitis or other causes.

Please reply so I can clarify anything and add details. I want to be sure you have the most helpful information for your situation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much, I'm going Monday to get a test.
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. Anything else I can help with today?

If no more questions, please leave a rating for my service. I aim for excellent and appreciate your feedback. Thanks and good luck.