Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

My fiance is 29 years old, after her second child she had

Customer Question

Hi my fiance is 29 years old, after her second child she had her tubes "tied" however I don't know if when the doctor did the surgery if he performed it wrong as last year she was certified pregnant but at 3 months she suffered a miscarriage, and I'm concerned
because ever since her menstrual cycles have been really messed up and about 2 weeks ago she had a positive pregnancy test, but doctors say she isn't due to blood tests saying she's not, however she's having all the symptoms of it and she is 32 days late on
her period. I'm confused on this because doctors are telling us they don't know what's going on but well3 hospitals are saying the same thing and I'm tired of hearing that because something very wrong is happening and I don't know what else to do
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

If her pregnancy test via blood test is negative then she's not pregnant. It's very rare to become pregnant after tubal ligation. I would consider the possibility that she's not being truthful.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possibly to undo tubal ligation? And is there any tests to perform to find out if she has even had tubal ligation?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

It's possible to.undo it. A hysterosalpingogram can be done. Dye is injected thru the cervix. X-rays are taken to see if the tubes are blocked.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks...do I just ask her local doctor or have her ask for it to be done?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

She would need to want it and consent to it.