Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I am seeing my ob/gyn nurse practitioner tomorrow morning

Customer Question

Hi again- I am seeing my ob/gyn nurse practitioner tomorrow morning but I have some questions about STD testing. It is now 4 days past my period and I am having cre***** ***** discharge only after my morning bowel movement. There doesn't seem to be burning,
itching, or a smell. I am also having slight cramping. I had a uterine biopsy 2 weeks ago. My boyfriend was treated for chlamydia earlier this year and got the all clear after a follow up blood test. He is also a carrier for the herpes virus. We have been
using condoms all times but once. So stupid. My nurse is going to check for chlamydia, etc and I'll ask for blood work on herpes although the unprotected sex was about 3-4 weeks ago. What could the cramping and brown discharge mean? Also, will I have to get
yet another pelvic exam? I've had so many lately. My boyfriend has engaged in risky behaviors in the last, but is a trustworthy individual otherwise. I would not date him if I felt he was a liar or a "player". I have been celibate for 10 years. But I am a
clinically diagnosed hypochondriac and so am very concerned. Thank you in advance for your reply.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

What is the uterine biopsy for? A biopsy for the cervix or endometrium?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Endometrium. My gynecologist wanted to investigate some abnormal bleeding I was having after intercourse. I had not had sex in 10 years. All results came back normal except for a possible slight hormonal imbalance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The nurse I spoke to felt the bleeding was unlikely to continue happening.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

The discharge seems to be normal. The cramping could be the symptom before a ovulation. You don't need to worry about it too much. They are not related to STD. Reassured.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much, Doctor. I will see my nurse practitioner tomorrow just to be sure.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome. Please rate my answer. take care.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi- I'm trying to rate you but it's not letting me, I contacted customer support and will rate you as soon as I can. Thank you.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Okay. Thank you so much.