Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

Is it possible that I am going through early menopause? I

Customer Question

Is it possible that I am going through early menopause? I normally don't sweat much even while exercising. I am a person that uses a large comforter 365 days a year and have never had any problem being hot. But over the past 3 weeks I have been sweating
a lot in my sleep (when I am able to fall asleep) even when the house is cold and I feel cold myself. I end up changing my nightgown in the middle of the night because it is soaked. I have also having symptoms similar to hypoglycemia even though I am not diabetic.
I have been moody as well. And my cycle that is usually 7-10 days long dropped down to 3 days (I have a history of endometriosis). Not sure what to make of it. My mother started menopause in her early 30's and I am 31 now. The only change that I have made
in my lifestyle within that time period is that I quit smoking marijuana. Any Ideas? I get very anxious in a public setting which is why I am asking here instead of visiting a doctor.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS replied 1 year ago.

Hello

As you are still having with period , it is not menopause.

If period stopped before the age of 35 years it is called pre mature ovarian failure .

Endometriosis is not a cause of early menopause or premature ovarian failure.

The present symptoms may be associated with other hormones also like thyroid.

For diagnosis of this situation you should see blood level of estrogen, progesterone, LH,FSH,TSH and also blood sugar.

Thank you