Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I would like to know if you can help me out with a situation

Customer Question

Hello I would like to know if you can help me out with a situation I'm currently in right now. I found out I'm pregnant about 6 months ago & sadly was with two men in that month. My last menstrual period was April 9th, 2015 and have an average of a 25 day cycle. I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend April 28 & 29 & was projected to have my period May 2nd. & had sex with the second guy May 3rd. On May 7th I took a pregnancy test and was negative and on May 11th I started to feel fatigue and had tender breast. Did I test too early? what are the chances of the baby being my boyfriends? My due date from my LMP is January 13, 2016 but with an early ultrasound it said January 25, 2016 2 weeks later. Is there a reason why this may be the case? I would like to know who has the higher chance. I am currently 25 weeks pregnant & would highly appreciate it if you can help me. This is very embarrassing but at this point I'm just very overwhelmed. Thank You.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

When was the early ultrasound and how far along did it say you were? What due date is your Ob dr using?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The very first ultrasound I had was May 20 and detected the pregnancy. Then I went back June 3 saw a sac with a little fetus inside and no heartbeat through a normal abdominal ultrasound. June 10 I went back got a transvaginal ultrasound I heard and saw the heartbeat. My OB is using the ultrasound scans date not LMP. I just turned 25 days yesturday.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found out I was pregnant May 16th using a clearblue test that said "pregnant 1-2" on May 18th I retested and said "pregnant 2-3".
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On June 10th doctor said I was exactly 7 weeks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you going to answer my question?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

We are not online 24 hours a day. Your due date is then January 25 if that's what your ob is using. If you were 7 weeks on June 10 then you conceived around may 6 with a window of May 3-9. You need paternity testing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it that possible to be fertile around the time my period was due? Because I was suppose to start my period May 2nd and was already late when I had sex on May 3rd.