Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

Suffer from chronic yeast infections. After just recovering

Customer Question

Suffer from chronic yeast infections. After just recovering that day sexual contact with one night stand. No intercourse. 2 days after genital to genital contact after sitting in chair most of day. Tingling on entire vagina. Went away in one day. 5 days later small cut feeling on labia. Can't leave it alone and feel like I may be irritating the area. I can't see anything on visual inspection and neither could partner. No ulcers or bumps. Scared of STD
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've had a yeast infection once a month for the past three months and last month two of them. All treated with over the counter medications.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like you have recurrent herpes. You need to serve gyn for testing. Your symptoms may not be yeast infection at all. A culture of the lesion can be done. Bloodwork can bed one to determine past exposure to type 1 or 2

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your response. I've been tested for herpes within the past year. Have been with the Same partner for ten years until recently. Only new contact was with this one night stand within week. I know that my last partner of ten years is clean as he's been checked. I'm more worried about a new exposure than previous as I had been tested and negative.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

Yes. That is would be my point. It sounds like you have contracted hsv recently

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I thought by recurrent you meant that I've had this before or an outbreak before and the yeast for the last few months wasn't yeast but herpes. My exposure was this week not months ago.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

Yes. That's exactly what I meant. I don't thinkmits yeast at all.