Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele,
Experience:  specialist at self employed
28905844

When does the hsg hormone show up in your urine or

Customer Question

When does the hsg hormone show up in your urine or bloodstream, to detect pregnancy?
I am 41 years old and I have been trying to conceive, I have a 5cm fibroid tumor on the outside of my uterus and scar tissue on the inside and along the endometrium wall, does all this effect my chances of conceiving?
My period was 2 days late on last week, when it finally came on it lasted one day with bleeding and none the duration of the time my cycle normally last?
I have gone to see a fertility doctor who is stating for me to have surgery to remove the tumor and scar tissue I am afraid. No one will give me the direct answer on whether or not I can actually have a child. I had an abortion back in 2003. Please help me
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 1 year ago.

in this case the chance to get pregnant can be lowered, especially because of the scar tissue. but the surgery will be the right way to resolve this problem. Then preg***** *****ce should be realistic.

A urine test offers a reliable result 14-16 days after sexual contact, blood test 3-4 days earlier.

I hope you will succeed soon.

Best regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

if there are still open questions, I will be happy to answer them. Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating.

Thanks a lot, all the best for you,

Dr. N. Scheufele

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still have questions. You didn't answer the first set of questions regarding the hormone, my cycle length and if there still could be a possibility of me being pregnant now. I had intercourse the day before my expected ovulation day.

as I wrote, a hormonal test from urine makes sense 14-16 days after intercourse, blood test is possible 3-4 days earlier. The reason for the different progress of your period may be hormonal varieties, nervertheless a pregnancy is not excluded. I would recommend the test, so you will get certainness.

Best regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

Thanks a lot, all the best for you,

Dr. N. Scheufele