Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

My period came and it always spot on It's stayed only day,

Customer Question

Hi Dr
My period came and it always spot on
It's stayed only for three day, then stopped
And know for the past 3 days I have horrible period pain what do u think I have
The pain comes and go.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

How long do your usual periods last?

Have you ever had any surgery or procedure on your cervix? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
7 day but I have iron deficiency, never had
Any surgery but I have 2 kids

I suspect that the most likely reason for a shorter period and now period pain is that something is blocking your cervix. So the blood is inside and can't get out, causing your uterus to contract to force is out, causing the pains.

I don't know why this would be happening. Usually if the cervix gets blocked, it's because of previous surgery, or possibly something growing in the cervical canal.

I would recommend seeing your doctor. An ultrasound will show whether there is blood inside the uterus, and might show if there is anything blocking the cervix.

Depending on the findings, your doctor may be able to open up your cervix a little to allow the blood to escape.

I don't think this would be anything serious. You might possibly have a fibroid tumor blocking the cervix, or maybe a polyp. Both are benign. Best wishes.