Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

My period is going to be started on first day of my wedding,

Customer Question

my period is going to be started on first day of my wedding, and would like to know what if i took some pills to postpone it? what are the side effects if I'm planning pregnancy, and if i do have few cysts on my ovary, and what about the withdrawal bleeding
happens after stopping the pills, and how many days i should use them,.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

If you are not currently on any medications you will require a medication called norethindrone.

Take norethindrone at the same time each day, 5 to 10 days prior to the start of your period. This can delay your period for up to three or four days as long as you take it as prescribed.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options below.

Kind regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i do have multiple cysts on my ovaries,,, its not PCOS , I'm afraid that northindron would cause condition getting worse...also those pills supposed to be contraceptives, so how they're going to interfere with my plans to get pregnant, besides, what about the withdrawal bleeding coming after stopping them?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

It will not affect cysts on your ovaries.

Yes these pills are contraceptives as well but as soon as you stop taking them you will have withdrawal bleeding in a few days and you will be back to normal fertility.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the stars at your end.

Kind regards