Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I had sex on the 24th of september and I think my last

Customer Question

I had sex on the 24th of september and I think my last period was on the 5th of september but I'm not sure. When can I take a pregnancy test to see if I'm pregnant. I have been sick for the last few days. But I'm not sure when to expect my missed period. It was the first time I had sex.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified Ob-gyne. I can help you today.

Home urine pregnancy tests turn positive 10-14 days after conception. So run a test tomorrow morning. Morning urine is more accurate in early pregnancy because the pregnancy hormone level can be diluted by drinking water in very early pregnancy. So first thing in the morning, a woman is more likely to be slightly dehydrated. If that test tomorrow is negative, you can repeat again on October 15th. If that's negative too, there is no pregnancy from that encounter.

Please reply if I can clarify anything. I hope this was helpful.

Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

I nothing more, please leave a rating for my service. I aim for excellent and appreciate your feedback. Thanks.