Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
1725470

My LMP was 08/24/15 ... Periods are generally 30-35 apart

Customer Question

My LMP was 08/24/15 ... Periods are generally 30-35 apart last 5-7 days extremely heavy and painful 3 of those days. A week ago started lightly spotting mostly pink some days a little bright red so light only when wiping don't even have to wear a panty liner. Neg pregnancy test tonight. Is there a possibility still could be pregnant or should I be worried something else is going on?
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sexually active, no birth control, husband and i have been trying for a very long time with no success
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 1 year ago.

If your periods are generally 30-35 days apart, then you got your periods this month on more or less on the due date. This rules out the chances of a miscarriage. A heavy period can be due to the slight 1-2 days delay in your period.

I am sorry to inform you that there is very little chance of a pregnancy this month.

At 38 years, ovulation can start to get a little irregular. Since you would like to conceive, please consult a fertility expert for complete checkup and required tests and treatment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem is whatever is going on now is not by any means a period the spotting didn't start til the first and it is so light I don't even wear a panty liner and it is still slightly there which is longer than even a normal period will be. I have never had anything like this happen! My periods are very routine.

If the spotting is very light, then this could be an implantation bleeding. Thee pregnancy test may not come positive during an implantation but may become positive about 7-10 days later. Although implantation bleeding generally clears up spontaneously in about 3-5 days, in some cases, it can continue for quite some time.

Please repeat the pregnancy test after another week. If it is negative, please consult a doctor for an ultrasound.