Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

My period was last seen on August the 24 th 2015 I saw no

Customer Question

My period was last seen on August the 24 th 2015 I saw no period in September but on 2nd October I felt a little pressure in my obdomen when I went to the rest I say a bright right spot so I thought it was the start of my period the next day noting only
when I pee it was like that for 3 days until yesterday morning I saw some brownish discharge in my liner had little blood mix now today it stop I have sore breast for a week now but today it isn't as bad as well it started and back pains with a little head
ache what can this be?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

How regular were your periods before August?

Do you use anything for birth control?

Have you had much stress or weight change lately? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im not using any birth control and jus ws working a lil extra days...my period was every 33 days for the last months
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
last night i had cramping on my left side with back pain but had no discharge this morning i saw what look like dark brown even blackish discharge when i wipe

Is there any chance of pregnancy?

If there is, have you done a pregnancy test? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have been having unprotected sex but im not sure when i ovulated never seen a period pass 5 days and my period alway start out heavy then slow im jus a bit concern that it weird this month only seeing blood when i wipe or if i insert my finger into my virgina i was jus waiting to see if the blooding would stop..and my sore breast has ease so i still feel like its my regular period

When a period is late, the 2 likely causes are either that you're pregnant or that you didn't ovulate.

Without a pregnancy test, it's hard to know. If it was a pregnancy, then the bleeding might mean a possible miscarriage.

I think that it's more likely that you didn't ovulate since your last regular period. Not ovulating is common, often due to stress, but also from other things.

It doesn't sound like this is a normal period. That makes me suspect that it's likely that you haven't ovulated since your last period. When that happens, the uterine lining can get built up too much, and that can lead to bleeding. If that's the case, then the bleeding may go on for a while.

Unless you think that this really is a normal period, I would recommend seeing your doctor, especially if the bleeding continues.

Your doctor can help to be sure whether you're pregnant, and if not, can give you some progesterone pills that would help the bleeding to stop.

If you wish to become pregnant, your doctor can also help figure out whether you're ovulating most months, and help if you're not. Best wishes.