Doctor Natasha
Doctor Natasha, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine
16455829

Is it common to have frequent emotional ups and downs during

Customer Question

Hello Experts, Is it common to have frequent emotional ups and downs during the later trimester pregnancy months? i am with hyperthyroid medication, how can i cope up with later months phobias without getting into relationship troubles?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Doctor Natasha replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Yes it is really common to have emotional ups and downs during pregnancy, particularly the first and third months as your hormones are most labile at that time.

I have found that the best way to deal with this is to focus on keeping your body as healthy as possible for you and the baby. That means daily walks (if permitted by your doctor), eating well, hydration and rest. I also recommend massages. You may also want to consider seeing an integrative or eastern medicine specialist- they have access to herbs which are very very helpful