Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I have a question

Customer Question

Hi i have a question
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, just had sex with a guy and we didnt use protection. He said he didnt come in me and I didnt feel it. I usually use protection so I dont even know how it would feel. Its the third time I do it without protection in my life. The thing is that he came on my belly and I m scared that the sperm came in me. I also have took the day after pill twice already and I know that it is bad for me. Last time it messed up my period and I had acne. What should I do?
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

When did your last period start?

How regular are your periods? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the 22 of September.

The main think you should do is to always use protection so that you won't be in this situation again next month.

There is no way for you to be able to tell whether some of his semen went inside you before he cam on your belly. So I would recommend using the day after pill again to help avoid pregnancy. It can be taken repeatedly, although it can cause the side effects that you've mentioned, as well as spotting.

In your situation, I don't think that pregnancy is likely, because you probably won't ovulate for another 4-6 days (assuming a 28-30 day cycle).

But pregnancy may be possible if enough semen came inside, so better to use the pill and be safe.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know and this doesnt happen to me often. I would rather not take the morning after pill. My partner promised that he didnt come in me. I dont know what to do. I feel nauseous and have cramps today. It might be psychological.

Since you just had sex, any nausea cannot be due to pregnancy. It's likely psychological, as you say.

If you trust your partner, you should be OK. Withdrawal is actually very effective as long as the guy comes out before any ejaculation. The guy will know that, although the woman can't really tell.

So if he withdrew before any ejaculation, I don't think you need the morning after pill.