khagihara
khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Trained in OB & GYN for many years.
20084961

I am 38yo female. I have been diagnosed with cervical

Customer Question

I am 38yo female. I have been diagnosed with cervical Dystonia and get Botox injections every 4 months. I also have endometrisois, adenomyosis, and leyoma mucosa . I had my first laporoscopy for diagnoses and excision in 12/2012. In 12/2014 I had my second laporoscopy including an endometrial ablation. I no longer get menses however after keeping a diary, I do notice a cycle still exists. Starting in July 2015 I started getting random "allergic reaction" involving widespread skin redness/blotchiness, itchy, and hot. They put me on some steroids Nd Benadryl. Still waiting to see an allergist in October.
In March 2015 I had s full blood panel which showed low White blood cell count, normal In March 2015 I had s full blood panel which showed low White blood cell count, normal hormones. In June the count was better. My primary care just did another full work up. My neurologist reviewed it and said my white blood count is low and he also noted my red blood count is low for a female who no longer gets menses. He is concerned he said. My primary said that she wants to repeat the blood count again in a month and send results to a hematologist.
In the meantime I started keeping a diary. And as I suspected everything I'm experiencing seems to be cyclical. To make a long story short, it seems that when I would be in my menses time or maybe a few days before, I flare up terribly.
-I feel as if I have the flu minus nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, cough or cold symptoms. My whole body aches. It feels like nerve pain similar to sciatica but all ver my whole body, and the cervica Dystonia gets really bad.
-I'm so exhausted and my energy is gone.
Basically for a week out of the month I feel very sick. And the rest of the month it flares up randomly but nothing like during my worst week.
My neurologist is entertaining the thought that possibly I am bleeding internally. But I'm Wondering if it's more than one issues and on including an autoimmune disorder. My rh factor and thyroid haven't been off. I feel like the blood test is only one piece. Right now im in a lot of pain. I haut want to know what is wrong.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Even though you don't have periods, you still have ovaries. It causes cyclic hormonal change. Since you have endometriosis, you could bleed in your body but usually it is not much. If you have oral contraceptive or other hormone methods, your symptoms would be decreased. You should check an occult stool blood test to exclude bleeding from your digestive organs.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I don't tolerate hormonal treatments well. I've tried many. Recently underwent an endoscopy and colonoscopy. I'm well in that respect. I think I would need evidence of internal bleeding due to endo to get a complete hysterectomy.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? Can you attach the blood test result here? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications? Any family medical history? Have you had MRI?