TheGermDoctor
TheGermDoctor, Doctor
Experience:  Physician, with extensive experience in treating STDs, Board Certified in Infectious Diseases
13956133

I recently had rough/dry sex last week..and ever since, it

Customer Question

Hi, I recently had rough/dry sex last week..and ever since, it burns to urinate. My partner swears he has no std's. I have one weird bump down there, and I have discharge that's clear...but staining clothes. Is this a vaginal tear or HERPES?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  TheGermDoctor replied 1 year ago.

Is the "bump' a blister? an ulcer?

Did the burning with urination start immediately after sex? or was there a delay of a couple days?

Did you have any discharge before ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The bump looks more like a blister, not an ulcer. There was a delay of a couple of days before I felt the burning. No I didn't have any discharge before then. A few more details...I've had sex with this person for 6 mos always with a condom. The condom also got stuck inside of me that night, so I'm scared we did touch skin to skin at some point. It was so dry that it hurt really bad and we had to stop.

If it is just one single blister lesion it is unlikely this is herpes- which is the main "blistering" infection we see in the genital area. Herpes sores generally have a group of clustered blisters, last a few days, are painful/ uncomfortable/ itchy, then resolve

From your description I would agree that a traumatic lesion sounds likely- and any lesion could lead to pain as urine goes into the area

If you still have the blister and feel comfortable posting a pic here I can tell you what I think. If it does not go away you likely should have a doctor examine you in person as it is possible there may be other lesions you cannot see yourself.

I hope that helps.

Please rate the respnse