Dr. Kala
Dr. Kala, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Caring US educated & trained physician, 26 years of experience in OBGYN & women's health care.
18657704

Just an odd question. I am taking the pill. Had started a

Customer Question

Hi. Just an odd question. I am taking the pill. Had started a new blister on sat 19th. Had missed pill Monday 21st Sept. Because I missed it I ended up taking 2 tablets in Tuesday (one as soon as I remembered and one at my usual time). Continued on and missed it again today Monday 28th by 14 hours but realized and took it now.
Had sex Friday 18th.. You think there's a possibility of pregnancy? There hasn't been any sex since Fri 18th. I'm just a bit worried. I think its too late to get an emergency contraceptive pill.. Should I do a pregnancy test? Is it too early to do one? The packet information says that if you miss a pill during the first week
Should I just use the 7 day rule and continue taking pill as usual?
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The pill I take is microgynon 20/100
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am privileged to help you get more understanding about your current concern.

Given your information, it is unlikely you are pregnant. While you missed a pill around the time of your last episode of sex, your new cycle just started so it would be very rare for your body to have produced an egg at that time. Since sperm only survive for 24-48 hours at best, ***** ***** at the end of this time period are not as active, it is unlikely the sperm would had adequately fertilized an egg if there was an egg pregnant.

The second missed pill occurred too far from the sex to have made a difference. So you can relax that the sex on the 18th could have caused a pregnancy.

However since you have missed 2 pills in the same packet cycle I strongly recommend that you use a back up method, condoms + contraceptive cream, for any further sex activity in this blister cycle just to be safer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you :)
You would advice using another method for the rest of the cycle and not just 7 days?
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 1 year ago.

I recommend continuing the current blister pack and also use another method in addition to the birth control pills (BCP). As you need additional protection for the remainder of this pack.

Let me know if you have any further questions regarding this question as my goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied with your answer.

Please be sure to rate me so I will get compensated for my time

Have a great day!