Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I have hopes to be pregnant..But 't want to get my hopes up

Customer Question

I have hopes to be pregnant..But don't want to get my hopes up quick. Last month I had a late period that lasted 3 days and was lighter than normal. That was approx. August 20-22. I haven't seen my period since then. But last night I started a light pink bleed that has only appeared about 3 times after I use the restroom. I was in a car accident on sept 22 and experienced a rather heated arguement that turned to a fight between my boyfriend and his father and mother last night. His mom put his hands on me and I'm scared I could have been in the early stages of pregnancy. Sept 22 the hospital done a urine qualitive hcg test that was negative could it have been to soon to know for sure and could I be miscarrying now?
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My menstral period has been irregular a couple times but usually measures back out to normal and this time I'm feeling pressure but not cramping in my stomach?
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

You could be early pregnant, but I suspect that it's more likely that you didn't ovulate this month, and that's the reason for the late period.

The way to know would be a pregnancy test done now. The one done Sept. 22 might have been too early.

However, if a test done now is negative, that would usually mean that you're not pregnant.

Since you would like to become pregnant, if the test now is negative, I would recommend seeing your doctor. He/she could make sure about a pregnancy and then try to figure out the reason you haven't ovulated.

If no reason is found, there are pills you can take that will help you to ovulate each month. Best wishes.