Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in obstetrical care and routine gynecology. 14 years experience as a family physician.
13781349

I was recently diagnosed with trich, and received flagyl. I

Customer Question

I was recently diagnosed with trich, and received flagyl. I thought I was still having symptoms so I went back to the doctor, and then said they saw yeast so I was prescribed more diflucan. Since then, I have had burning, redness, and swollen labia major on and off. I have noticed that these symptoms happen before and after my period.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

While both trichomonas and a yeast infection (Candida) may certainly cause vaginal irritation I sense from your question that both of these have been treated and yet you still have the sense of sweeping and irritation...is this right??

Do you have swelling and irritation following sexual intercourse? So you use condoms? I have seen reactions to latex allergy ...you description reminds me of such an alley type reaction as a possibility ...

Let me know if that seems to fit your case or not...

More details as to the time frame of your treatment vs current symptoms may be helpful.

I hope that this may be helpful for you. Let me know if you have further questions or information.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

PS was your partner treated for trichomonas as well?? If not then recurrent infection could be related to your symptoms...