Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I had sex first time a little over a day ago and I bled a

Customer Question

Hi I had sex for the first time a little over a day ago and I bled a little at the time but barely, just now I went pee and there was a bunch of blood in the toilet, I didn't feel any pain when i was having intercourse so I am a little concerned. Also 2 days ago I experienced some bleeding after four play well before I first had sex.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also forgot to took my pill about 5 hours late yesterday and it is the first week of a new pack but he withdrew before ejaculating so I was wondering if I should get plan-B or if it is unnecessary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

Which pill are you taking?

How long have you been taking it? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Junel Fe and I have been taking it for 2 months and a week

You don't need plan B, since you're protected by the pill.

The bleeding might be breakthrough bleeding, which is common during the first 2-3 months on the pill. The bleeding might have been ready to come, and was then brought on by the sex (which is common). Taking your pill late may have helped to bring on breakthrough bleeding. 5 hours isn't late enough though to mean that you're not protected.

It's also possible that the bleeding is from your hymen, which just some delay due to how the blood clotted and then broke open. But I think breakthrough bleeding is more likely.

In any case, I wouldn't worry about it, and I don't think you need plan B. Most likely the bleeding will stop on its own soon. Best regards.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay so while the bleeding did stop then I just started bleeding again today but it was different like a watery brown color and it is 8 days after I had sex. I know it is unlikely but could that actually be implantation bleeding? I am freaking out because there is a 9% chance of my pill being ineffective and a 9% chance of the withdraw method being ineffective. Also I have experienced some itchiness and I had mild symptoms of pms like back pain and maybe ovulation pain a couple days ago which I haven't gotten since I started the pill 2 and a half months ago.

I don't know where you get your statistics.

Chances of your pill being ineffective are extremely low, maybe 1%, in spite of being late on a pill.

And withdrawal is actually quite effective if done well.

There is almost no chance of pregnancy. Your symptoms are from something else, and not implantation.