Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I was at the doctors last week and had little burning when I

Customer Question

I was at the doctors last week and had little burning when I urinate. They did a test and showed negative for uti, but showed blood in my urine. She sent it to the lab. Then since then 3x i saw blood. Yesterday and today i thougjt i got my period so put a tampon on and today and yesterday there was blood streaks on it, but i do not have my period. I am supposed to get it in 4 days. What could this be and is it related to the blood the doctor found. That blood was not visible.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

Blood in the urine along with burning means that you have a uti. You need to be treated with antibiotics. I would consider seeing a different Dr.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry i forgot to say they gave me antibiotics. But I now still have blood.

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

Sometimes antibiotics are not effective against the bacteria causing the uti. IF you have no other symptoms it may just take a little time for the blood to clear

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The blood was on the tampon do you think this is the same thing or different since wasnt in urine.

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

If the blood was on the tampon then it's not from a uti