Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I had a slightly red discharge about a day or two before my

Customer Question

I had a slightly red discharge about a day or two before my period, and I am worried that it might be serious. I thought that I may have made a small tear because I was rinsing out, but it was painless and no more pinkish discharge came out after that
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

It's very unlikely that your red discharge is from anything serious.

If you were rinsing out inside your vagina, I would recommend that you not do that. Your vaginal health will be better is you don't rinse inside.

Even if you cut yourself a little when rinsing, it's unlikely to be anything serious.

Some spotting before a period is not unusual at age 15, and it's rarely if ever a sign of anything serious.

It's is definitely not a sign of infertility.