Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I have a lump and tingling feeling on my vag,

Customer Question

Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

Where is the lump. How large is it?

How long have you had the lump? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The lump is on my vag, at 1st it was small I messed with it and became bigger, u thought it was an ingrown hair so I removed it, and after I removed it puss came out and blood. More blood than puss. Now it's getting smaller. But I made an appt to get it look at not sure if the picture I posted uploaded

I can see the picture, but it's not clear, where the lump is. Which side is it on? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is on my left side, I hope this is a better picture

Thanks. That's more clear.

I suspect that it was an ingrown hair. It doesn't look like anything worrisome.

It could also be an infected hair follicle, or possibly a mildly infected sebaceous cyst (blocked oil gland).

Heat is probably the best treatment. You can sit in warm water or put a warm wash cloth on it and cover with a heating pad.

Your doctor will be able to tell better by seeing it in person. But I don't think it will be much problem. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's clearing up alot, I seen the hair so I pulled it out a few days ago, how long does it take for those things to go away?

It might take a week for it to go away, and there might remain a small lump after that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you for your help. It did get so much smaller after I popped it, but can that leave a tingling feeling ?

Yes, a tingling feeling would be common.

Please click the rating button. Thank you.