Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I am a 41 yof in good health. I started having some lower

Customer Question

Hi. I am a 41 yof in good health. I started having some lower left abdominal pain when I did abdominal exercises and when I achieved orgasm. The pain became worse and I started having bloating and gas along with it. I saw my OB/Gyn who did a pelvic ultrasound. He saw nothing and sent me to my PCP. My PCP did blood work, stool samples and an abdominal CT. A;; were negative, however, the nurse called me and stated that the abdominal CT was negative but showed a cervical prominence and that I needed to go back to my OB Gyn. What does all of tis mean. As a side note, for the last week, during this testing my Dr. put me on a soft diet. This seems to have helped with the bloating and gas considerably. I have also been fatigued.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

I suspect that you have irritable bowel syndrome, or possibly some other intestinal disorder causing your left abdominal pain. Hopefully your PCP will figure it out and help you to deal with it.

It's doubtful that the cervical prominence found on the CT is significant, since your pelvic ultrasound didn't find anything abnormal. I suspect that your OB GYN doctor will do another pelvic exam, possibly another ultrasound, just to check it out, but I doubt that it's anything serious. Hopefully you've had normal Pap smears, so cervical cancer isn't really a possibility.