Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I was on the 21 day pill months now and I stopped it on the

Customer Question

I was on the 21 day pill for 4 months now and I stopped it on the 3rd. We are now trying to get pregnant. I'm iust to trying to get an idea of could I get pregnant this month? When is the best time to try coming off the pill? Just would like more information
Please and thank you
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified Ob-gyne. I can help you today.

If your periods were regular before going on the pill, the ovulation will resume usually in 1-2 weeks after stopping the pill. Try having sex 2-3 times weekly. Most young women will become pregnant within 6-8 months. Once the cycle returns, the best time will be 2 weeks after the start of each period if your cycle length is 28 days.

I hope this was helpful. Good luck. I hope you get a positive test soon.

Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

Any questions? If none, please leave a rating for my service. I aim for excellent and appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should be ovulating now or very soon then right?
Sorry I have a lot of questions .. My fiancé and I would love to get pregnant very soon and I guess I was not fully educated on how ovulation works and fertility.
I got on the pill because I have fibromyalgia and Everytime I would have a flare up it would be before my period, so that why I got put on the pill. To see if I could get my hormones regular
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

No problem, that's why I'm here. Yes if your periods were regular before, the egg will release within 1-2 weeks of stopping in most women. Once it gets back to monthly, the most fertile time to have sex is between day 10 and 16 of the cycle. Day 1 counts the first day of the period bleeding.

Hopefully you'll get pregnant soon and the fibro will get better too. Good luck!

Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

If no more questions, please remember to leave a feedback rating for my service. I aim for excellent always. Thanks.