Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I am 47 years old. My period was in july on the 27th. I have

Customer Question

I am 47 years old. My period was in july on the 27th. I have been on a 25 day cycle for past few years. I Usually bleed x3 to 4days. Had sex august 4th.Day 9 after my period. My birth control method is condoms. I do not remember the condom break or anything. 2 days later i had a backache. On 8/8 and 8/9 had pink tinged on toilet tissue. Was that implantation bleeding?I was surprised to have a slight bleed on 8/13 followed by 3 days erratic bleeding (Was a little light with a few clots,more like my regular period. My real period would've been 8/21. On 8/21 i took a pregnancy test,it was negative. Counting from 8/13/15 i would've been due for my period today,but it is not here. I have no pregnancy symptoms,just some bloating. My cervix is dry,abit of stringy yellow tinged mucus.Took another pregnancy test this morning which was negative.My question is do i wait till 9/14 for a period and take another pregnancy test!Or make an appointment with the gyn. I have an 18 year old in college and i do not want any more children. Just to mention,i have never been late or missed a period.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

You've never been late, but you're 47 years old, and it was bound to happen soon or later.

I think that your missed period is due to your age, and chance of pregnancy is almost none.

I would probably make an appointment with your doctor just to be sure and to evaluate the irregular spotting.

You could also wait to see when you get a period again, since with such regular periods, the spotting is unlikely to mean anything serious.

I think that you're just having the menstrual irregularity that most women get during their 40's. I wouldn't worry about pregnancy, since by the time of a missed period, a pregnancy test should be positive. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brief and precise 100%

Thank you.

Please click the ratings button. Thank you.