Dr David
Dr David, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced physican trained in ob-gyn and oncology
41363181

I am almost 44 years old and last night I noticed a small

Customer Question

Hi I am almost 44 years old and last night I noticed a small drop on my shirt by my right nipple. At first I thought I had splashed water on myself while washing my hands. I decided to double check and when I squeezed my nipple tiny drops came out. This may have happened to me once or twice in the past but again I wrote it off as water that splashed on me. I have no spots or staining in my bras and had a mammogram and follow up ultrasound in June which turned out to be compressed tissue in the same breast. Otherwise I have had no issues with my breasts.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

it can be normal to sometimes have some nipple discharge of a few drops of fluid.

the breast is a gland and even normal hormone levels in the body can cause some rare nipple discharge.

I am glad you are getting regular mammograms and examinations.

sometimes high blood prolactin levels can cause nipple discharge, but from your symptoms, I bet if you got a prolactin level, it would be normal.

you can report it to your doctor next time you have an appointment.

let me know if you have questions.