Dr. Kala
Dr. Kala, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Caring US educated & trained physician, 26 years of experience in OBGYN & women's health care.
18657704

I have a 32 day average cycle. First saw some EWCM day 16.

Customer Question

I have a 32 day average cycle. First saw some EWCM day 16. Had sex with partner day 17 & day 18. Saw more EWCM on day 18 & 20. Believe I should have ovulated then. Had sex with ex on early morning of day 21. Got first postive on day 31. Who is more likely to be the father? Please help, thank you.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, saw the second round of EWCM on CD 19 & 20.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I'm getting my cycle days and calendar days confused, they are very close. Let's try this again...I have a 32 day average cycle. First saw some EWCM day 16. Had sex with partner day 17 & day 18. Saw more EWCM on day 18 & 20. Believe I should have ovulated then. Had sex with ex on early morning of day 22 (not 21). Got first postive on day 31. Who is more likely to be the father? Please help, thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am privileged to help you get more understanding about your current concern. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or Skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

A few questions first to clarify your concern:

1. What is EWCM?

2. What was the date (first day) of your last menstrual period (LMP)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
EWCM is clear fertile cervical fluid. The first date of last period was 7/31. Cycles average 32 days.
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately since you had sex with 2 different partners so close together it is hard to predict which is the father. The EWCM is not an exact indicator for the day of ovulation; it can give a range of 2-4 days, which would include both episodes

Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 1 year ago.

TO know exactly who is the father I highly recommend you get DNA testing at 12-16 weeks. Then there will be no uncertainty with such an important issue

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would there be any greater likelihood with the first episodes since that was before ovulation and the second, more likely to be after?
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 1 year ago.

Well it is difficult to say because it really it depends on the age of the sperm.

Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 1 year ago.

I know you want a definite answer, but that will only be given after DNA analysis. If the time between episodes were greater number of days (>10) then a rough prediction could be given.

Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have any further questions regarding this question as my goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied with your answer.

Please be sure to rate me so I will get compensated for my time

Have a great day!