TheGermDoctor
TheGermDoctor, Doctor
Experience:  Physician, with extensive experience in treating STDs, Board Certified in Infectious Diseases
13956133

I had a staph infection 40 years ago on my labia. It got

Customer Question

I had a staph infection 40 years ago on my labia. It got huge and I went to my ob-gyn. He diagnosed it, but did not lance it although I begged him to. The pain was terrific. Over the years I have experienced sharp pains in that same area, but no signs of infection. However, this morning I awoke to find the same side of the labia swollen with what looks like a boil (exactly like the staph infection I had before). Apparently this can be caused by using gym equipment or sitting in a lounge chair by a pool where someone has sweated. Anyway, should I carefully lance it myself and treat it with hydro peroxide. It is holiday weekend and my doctor is unavailable until next Tuesday?
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a friend who has been in medicine for 40 years, first as a PN and then for years an echocardiographer tech. I would know the safety procedures for doing this without spreading it. Also, I have some Amoxicillin 500 mg given me last November when I tripped and fell on a concrete sidewalk. Would that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never mind answering this question. It really isn't a hard one, but I did not receive a timely answer. My pharmacist was quick with an answer that will take care of the situation. I have cancelled payment to you except for the $5 I owe for the "appt."
Expert:  TheGermDoctor replied 1 year ago.

Are you sure you want to cancel the question?

I am sorry there was a delay in someone getting back to you, but I do think i can help and have concerns regarding your last post.