Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I was separated from my partner in early April. Had sex with

Customer Question

I was separated from my partner in early April. Had sex with someone ranging from April 1st to April 3rd . Then got back with my partner. Found out I was 12 weeks pregnant by ultrasound July 20. They said that put my conception date around may 10th. I just want verification that the baby is indeed the one I am with now and not the guy slept with in the beginning of April.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified Ob-gyne with 30+ years of experience. I can help you with this today.

Yes I agree. It's not possible that this pregnancy was from sex in early April. An ultrasound done at 12 weeks has an error range of about 5 days, so a range of May 5th to 15th. Sperm can live as long as 7 days, so sex as early as April 30th could have resulted in this pregnancy. But there is ZERO chance that this pregnancy resulted from sex in early April. It's simply impossible. There is no way an error of that large could be made.

I'm glad this is good news. Let me know if I can add more details or clarify anything.