Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

Just diagnosed with HPV virus after my pap smear. I am 58,

Customer Question

Just diagnosed with HPV virus after my pap smear. I am 58, my husband is 62. He has had an affair... I haven't been with anyone in over 10 years. My question is.... If we reconcile and become intimate, is there anyway the virus will heal itself or will I constantly be subjecting myself to the virus? My OB GYN said the virus is present, but my cervix has not been affected. No signs in the cervix....My husband & I were just married in October 2014, but have been a couple for the last 10 years. Not living together.....
1.Is there anything that I can do to get rid of this virus?
2.As mentioned above: If my husband & I reconcile and become intimate-is that going to delay my getting rid of the HPV virus?
3. Would I be constantly subjecting myself to the virus sexually with him??
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

You both already have the virus so it does not matter if you continue to have unprotected sex. In time your body will become immune to the virus and will be able to fight it off. It is likely that nothing will ever come of it. Most women who are older do not develop dysplasia. There is not much you can do to get rid of the virus sooner. Some small studies have shown benefit from Indol 3 Carbinol Its a supplement made by Solvay. It does not delay getting rid of the virus by being intimate.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long do you think it will take for the OB GYN to respond to my question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank You so much...... Keep us in your prayers.....
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

Can you see my response above?