Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I noticed about a week a grape size lump under the skin in

Customer Question

I noticed about a week a grape size lump under the skin in my vaginal lip. I looked for a head and nothing so I put warm compresses on it for last couple days. Now, the lump hàs grown and is extremely painful. It is protruding now sticking out far and you can feel it is no longer round feeling but extends out up and down (which could be swelling but is kind of hard too). After bathing it gives off almost a reflective like a huge blister and this !morning I finally saw a little white spot. I have poked a whole in the little spot and just a couple little dots of blood. This thing is extremely painful just getting larger ans hurting worse and worse over past week and I do not know what to do. I just came on vacation and would like to avoid doctor right now if possible.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

This sounds like cellulitis of the vulvar area. You need antibiotics. I doubt you're going to be able to avoid seeing a dr.